Extended Project Qualification *FEES PAYABLE* at Northampton High School
All Project students follow the same basic Project process and have to supply the following evidence for assessment:
- Project product, in the form of a research report, production or artefact
- Written report • Presentation of the completed Project
- Completed Production Log
*a written report must accompany a production or artefact
It is up to your student to choose whether to make a research report the sole product of the Project or to create a product in another format, such as a production or artefact.
If it is the sole product, the research report could take the form of an academic essay, research report of an investigation, exploration of a hypothesis, or academic report.
If the product takes another format, the student will still need to supply a shorter supplementary research report.
At Level 3 EPQ, the approximate length of these must be:
- Research report – 5000 words or
- Supplementary research report – 1000 words (min).
Reports should be long enough to explore the relevant issues and use appropriate terminology, style and form of writing. Each one is likely to contain:
- References to a range of information sources
- Historical literature or some other background research
- Details of the design, knowledge, understanding and skills used
- A conclusion, including an evaluation of the outcomes of the Project.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Northampton High School directly.