Electrical and Electronic Engineering Apprenticeship Intermediate Level 2 at Southampton City College
This apprenticeship is suitable for you if you want to start a career or develop your existing skills in electrical or electronic engineering.
Suitable job roles
- Electrical and Electronic Engineer
- Engineering Maintenance Technician
- Engineering Operative
- Marine Engineer
As an electrical / electronic engineering apprentice you will learn all about manufacturing electronic control systems and testing and maintaining electrical equipment. You will develop the practical skills and technical knowledge required to work as a professional and competent electrical and electronic engineer.
Main duties will include:
- Assessing new developments or innovations to see if they are workable
- Drawing up technical plans, using computer assisted engineering and design software
- Testing prototypes
- Building and installing electronic systems
- Finding and fixing machinery faults
- Inspect, calibrate and test equipment
No previous qualifications are required and a full assessment will take place to ensure you have the skills to complete the qualification. Those wishing to progress onto an advanced apprenticeship will require GCSE’s A*-C in English and maths (or equivalent) or demonstrate, through the assessment process, that you are able to achieve this.
As an apprentice you can expect to undertake work based learning with an employer and to be paid a wage. The apprenticeship will include an NVQ diploma, functional skills and knowledge based element or technical certificate.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Southampton City College directly.