Automotive Vehicle Maintenance and Repair - Level 2 at South Devon College
Automotive Vehicle Maintenance and Repair apprentices at the intermediate level (2) will have the opportunity to learn practical skills from industry qualified instructors in South Devon College's 'state of the art' workshops and classrooms. Apprentices will work in college-approved car repair facilities where they will be able to practice their skills. The Automotive Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship will take two years to complete and full achievement will include: a competence qualification assessed in the workplace, a knowledge qualification and three functional skills (ICT, maths and English). Successful apprentices can progress to the advanced apprenticeship.
What will I learn?
- Health and safety
- Job roles in the automotive environment
- Complete routine light vehicle maintenance
- Identify and fit light vehicle engine units and components
- Identify and fit light vehicle electrical units and components
- Identify and fit light vehicle chassis units and components
- Complete inspection of light vehicles using prescribed methods
- You will be required to be working towards achieving Maths at Level 1
- You will be required to be working towards achieving English at Level 1
- You will need to have achieved a minimum of 2 GCSEs at grade D or above
- You will be required to carry out an aptitude test
- You should have a genuine interest in this subject
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Devon College directly.