Hair and Media Make-up - Level 3 Diploma at Vision West Nottinghamshire College
This course is designed to give students a nationally-recognised qualification in make-up and advanced styling and dressing techniques. Providing them with the knowledge, skills and understanding required to gain employment within the industry. Units include fashion and photographic make-up, airbrush face and body art, airbrush make-up, individual eyelash extensions and camouflage make-up.
- Monitoring and maintaining health and safety practice in the salon
- Working with colleagues within beauty related industries
- Applying airbrush make-up to the face
- Fashion and photographic make-up
- Designing and applying face and body art
- Creative hairdressing design skills
- Applying prosthetic pieces and bald caps
- Media make-up
- Style and fit postiche
- Camouflage make-up
- GCSE English Language with at least 4 points (grade C) or equivalent
- Plus a Level 2 Diploma in an associated course and attendance at summer school.
You will need to attend an interview with the tutor before being accepted on to the course. You may also need to supply at least one written reference from a teacher or employer (in some cases two) and/or your current school or college report.
- Practical assessments in a realistic working environment on paying clients
- Knowledge and understanding is assessed through assignments and online tests
- All students will be expected to complete work placements as part of the qualification
What can I go on to study?
- Level 3 Diploma in Body and Spa Therapy
- HNC in Hair and Beauty Management
- Progression into employment
- Hairdressers and barbers
- Hairdressing and beauty salon managers and proprietors
- Beauticians and related occupations
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Vision West Nottinghamshire College directly.