Accounting AAT Level 3 Diploma at SEEVIC College
This course is the perfect starting point if you would like to pursue a career in accounting, and also for those wishing to work as a bookkeeper.
Accountants are needed in all walks of life – working in the very smallest and the very largest of businesses. Wealthy individuals and celebrities also need accountants to keep their affairs in order.
You will learn basic bookkeeping skills including double entry, how to categorise and analyse costs, how to use Sage software and the basic skills needed to work in accounting and finance. You will be able to work anywhere in the world once you complete your course, as AAT qualifications are held in high regard both at home and abroad.
You will study the Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting in Year One and the Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Year Two.
Level 3 Advanced Diploma (Year Two):
- Advanced Bookkeeping
- Final Accounts Preperation
- Indirect Tax
- Management Accounting: Costing
- Spreadsheets for Accounting
- Ethics for Accountants.
General Entry Requirements
- At least four GCSEs at Grade C or above.
Specific Entry Requirements
- Grade B or above in both GCSE English Language and Maths.
You will develop strong practical skills, though the underlying theory that is taught and will complete five computer-based assessments throughout each year, after the teaching of each unit has been completed.
- Textbooks at a cost of approximately £100; this will allow you to customise your books as required, and will give you a reference source that can be used in your future career.
- Non-programmable calculator and appropriate stationery, including ring binders and lined paper for note taking.
- Course related trips at a reasonable cost.
You could progress to the Level 4 AAT Diploma as a part-time evening student or as part of anApprenticeship at the College. Alternatively you can study an Accounting/Finance based degree at university.
Employers will often agree to sponsor employees to study for the Level 4 Diploma as a part-time evening student, if you wish to continue your studies when you enter employment.
Former students have gone to work for both large and small accountancy practices in London and locally. Others have continued their studies at university taking degrees in Accounting / Finance, or have taken further professional examinations leading to Chartered Accountant status.
- You will gain practical skills valued by employers and will be well equipped to either find employment as a bookkeeper, an accounts trainee or continue with your studies either at university (as the Level 3 AAT Diploma attracts 160 UCAS points), or at Level 4.
- Both the Level 3 and 4 qualifications provide access to a range of accounting/finance related university degree courses or further accounting studies including ACCA and CIMA qualifications.
- A period of work experience will be built into your course so that you can gain practical experience in your chosen area and practice and develop your skills.
- Many of your tutors will be practicing accountants or former finance professionals, who are able to bring real life examples into their teaching and discuss your chosen career path with you.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact SEEVIC College directly.