Leisure Management - Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 at Easton & Otley College
The Advanced Apprenticeship in Leisure Management is designed for those who already work in the sector and wish to gain new knowledge and skills to continue their professional development as well as for those who wish to enter the sector in a supervisory/managerial role after gaining some experience in the sector. Delivery is through teaching, support and assessment direct into the workplace.
The framework is also suitable for those wishing to change career. However it is recommended that the apprentice has experience in a role at a similar level of responsibility.
The apprenticeship framework is made up of different nationally recognised qualifications. Including:
- Level 3 Diploma in Leisure Management
- Level 3 Certificate in Leisure Management
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics
- First Aid
COURSE CONTENT INCLUDES
- Understanding the Active Leisure and Learning Sector
- Understanding Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Customer Care and Diversity in Active Leisure
- Health, Safety, Security and Welfare in Active Leisure
- Developing self in an Active Leisure job role
- Teamwork in Active Leisure
- Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to thorough initial assessment to clarify course suitability.
- Entrants must have the ability to achieve Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics and be able to manage the requirements of a Level 3 vocational qualifications.
- Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment.
Apprentices successfully completing the Advanced Apprenticeship have opportunities to progress within the industry by developing a career in Personal Training or Leisure Management and/or progressing on to a Higher Apprenticeship in Management
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.