Travel & TourismBTEC Diploma Level 3 (Nationals) at University Church of England Academy
The course covers a variety of travel and tourism topics to give a broad introduction to
the travel and tourism sector to help develop skills, knowledge and understanding in travel
and tourism contexts. The course covers a number of topics including customer service,
marketing, and the European and long haul travel market. The course is broadly equivalent to
2 GCE ‘A’ Levels.
In Year 12 you will study six units:
- Investigating the Travel and Tourism Sector.
- The Business of Travel and Tourism.
- The UK as a Destination.
- Customer Service in Travel and Tourism.
- Marketing Travel and Tourism Products and Services.
- Preparing for Employment in the Travel and Tourism Industry.
In Year 13 you will study six units:
- European Destinations.
- Long-haul Travel Destinations.
- Retail or Business Travel Operations.
- Investigating the Cruise Industry.
- Responsible Tourism.
- Tour Operations.
BTEC Level 3 Diploma is assessed through coursework;
there are no exams in this subject.
You do not need to have any experience or qualifications in this subject, but will need a minimum of five A* - C GCSE grades, or equivalent.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact University Church of England Academy directly.