Sport BTEC level 3 (double award) at The Thomas Aveling School
This is a work related course. Students learn by completing assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands.
• Principle of anatomy & Physiology
• The physiology of fitness
• Assessing rest in sport
• Fitness training & programming
• Fitness testing for sport & exercise
• Sports nutrition
• Psychology for sports performers
• Technical and tactical skills in sport
• The athlete’s lifestyle In addition the students study;
• Sports injuries
• Current issues in sport
• Rules, regulations and officiating in sport
• Sports coaching
A minimum of 5 GCSE (or equivalent) passes at grade A* - C, including PE or level 2 vocational qualification in Sport.
The BTEC Diploma is useful for students thinking of a career in the Sports and Leisure industry. It can also be as part of a route into Higher Education.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Thomas Aveling School directly.