BTEC Business at St Peter's Catholic School and Specialist Science College
These broad-based awards provide a significant level of practical experience. Using work-related contexts, innovative teaching and assessment methods, they offer a broad introduction to the business area and provide the opportunity for candidates to interact with the business environment allowing them the opportunity to experience real authentic business practices. These awards are designed to provide a progression route to higher education and further training for employment.
2 Coursework Units (42%)
2 Externally assessed units (58%)
- 1 externally set exam paper (33%)
- 1 controlled coursework completed under examination conditions (25%)
Minimum of 5 GCSE grades at A* - C, across at least 4 different subjects, including English and Maths.
Assessment is designed to give credit for what candidates can do as well as what they know and understand. It is based both on portfolio evidence which is marked by the centre and moderated by the exam board and external assessments which are set and marked by the exam board. Assessment is 33% external examination and 67% by coursework.
Examinations in June of Y12 and January/June of Year 13
These broad-based vocational qualifications are designed to allow candidates flexible progression routes, moving on to higher education or further training and/or employment. They provide knowledge and understanding of the business world. They are ideal
for those candidates who want a broad background in Business, which will allow them to progress to further or higher education, training or employment.
1. Higher education: the advanced awards provide a sound basis for progression to a range of HE courses, e.g. BA degrees in business subjects and HNDs.
2. Employment: the specification aims to maintain and support the recognised standards demanded for Applied Business education and training in order to meet the requirements of various business sectors.
3. Related qualifications in the National Qualifications Framework: the specification enables candidates to progress to other Applied Business related qualifications.
These broad-based awards offer a broad introduction to this vocational area and provide the opportunity for candidates to interact with the business environment allowing them the opportunity to experience real authentic business practices.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Peter's Catholic School and Specialist Science College directly.