English Language and Literature at Range High School
What can I expect from English Literature at Range?
* You can look forward to developing your interest in the written word; you will study an array of fiction and non-fiction, literary and non-literary texts.
* The course will challenge you to craft your own writing in the style of many of the genres you study.
* You will be encouraged to read widely; expect anything from travel writing to dystopian fiction, from classical poetry to of-the-minute comment pieces in magazines and broadsheets.
* You will have the opportunity to hone your reading and writing skills in areas that interest you.
* You will develop a critical voice; exploring and commenting on the relationships and comparisons between texts. - You will have the opportunity to develop as a confident, independent and reflective reader, who can express views effectively through speech and writing.
To be guaranteed a place on this course, you will need to meet the admissions criteria for Range High School Sixth Form (Red Pathway) with:
* a grade B at GCSE in both English Language and English Literature
* satisfactory academic and attitude references
To view further information on entry requirements for your chosen pathway, please click here and read pages six and seven of the Sixth Form Prospectus.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Range High School directly.