Art and Design (3d Design Product) Level 3 Diploma at Hertford Regional College
- The UK has the second largest design sector in the world and the largest design industry in Europe
- Students progress to careers in Product and Furniture design, Interior and Environmental design, Architecture and Model Making, SFX and Prop design, Industrial and Automotive Design and Computer Aided Design including animation and manufacturing specifications
- Students develop a portfolio of work and employability skills for direct progression to higher education degree or employment
- Produce creative solutions in response to industry based client briefs
- Learn technical drawing, model making and Computer Aided Design methods
- Investigate the construction and manufacture of prototypes
- Research international design history and materials/processes application
- Explore ways of presenting design ideas using digital media
- Practise verbal and visual communication skills to a sophisticated level
- Develop appropriate skills/qualifications in English, Maths and software applications
- 200 GCSE entry points including English at Grade C or have a Level 2 Diploma at Merit level
- You will have to provide examples of art and design work at interview
- We also welcome applications from students with relevant experience or qualifications
You will be assessed through working on practical assignments producing a range of visual presentations, design models and sketchbooks.
Functional skills are assessed through portfolio and online assessment.
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2016. If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2016, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last three years, and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). However, fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). You will be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee, materials fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.
After successfully completing a BTEC Level 3 90 Credit Diploma, you can progress to a second and final year of specialist study with a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma. Students develop a portfolio of work and employability skills for direct progression to higher education degree or employment.
- Enrichment programme of visits including the Design Museum, Royal Institute of British Architecture (RIBA), Science Museum and the 100% Design Show
- Individual and group research into commercial use of materials and manufacturing techniques
- Embedded employer engagement, including group projects integrated into the study programme, set and assessed by industry clients
- Develop an online presence to share ideas and showcase skills and design work
- Develop a specialist portfolio of work for direct progression to higher education degree or employment
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.