Floristry Level 3 Access to Higher Education at Capel Manor College
The Capel Access to Higher Education (HE) Floristry (Level 3) course is aimed at students who are looking to get into the floristry industry, who have already completed a higher education course in a different subject.
Our course will provide you with a Level 3 Floristry Advanced Diploma, which will help you to progress onto the Level 4 Higher Diploma in Floristry. During the course you will gain comprehensive knowledge of the retail floristry industry, at an advanced level. You will explore transferable traditional and contemporary skills and techniques; using diverse materials and mediums across a range of floral designs, building your confidence and expert knowledge.
Your college experience will be enriched by practical industry experience, and personal creative exploration. Further to advancing your practical skills and knowledge in floristry and planted designs, you will also explore the design process in greater detail,
gaining valuable insight into the operations of running a floristry business.
All courses will require additional private study for completion of course assignments. Your course experience will be enhanced with inspiring, educational industry visits.
To achieve this qualification, you will successfully complete:
- portfolios of evidence
- written assignments
- practical assessments to demonstrate the skills you have learnt
- work experience (minimum of 80 hours).
You will need at least one of the following:
- a qualification at Level 4 or above
- an overall Merit or above in a Floristry Diploma (Level 2) or equivalent
- any relevant prior learning/experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered.
You may be asked to attend an interview to explore your interests, experience and ambitions. You may also be invited to complete an initial assessment. References are considered.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to explore
- your personal development and industry knowledge on our Level 4 Floristry programme
- a full Bachelor’s Degree in floristry
- employment in the industry in a senior position.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Capel Manor College directly.