Business Administration Level Three City and Guilds Diploma at East Riding College
This qualification in business administration is for people who want to work in an administrative support role in public or private sector organisations, or for people who want to improve their administrative and supervisory skills. A qualification in business administration can help you succeed in a support role in any size or type of organisation. These roles include secretary, receptionist, administrator, personal assistant, office supervisor, team leader and manager.
You will spend one day per week on a work placement and be observed by an assessor on your competence within an administrative field. You will collect relevant work based evidence for your portfolio units
Five mandatory units:
- Communicating in a business environment
- Principles of business communication and information
- Principles of administration
- Principles of business
- Managing personal and professional development
Optional units include:
- Managing team performance
- Encouraging innovation
- Procuring products and services
- Implementing change
- Principles of marketing theory
- Exploring social media
- Delivering a presentation
- A good level of general education with at least a grade C in GCSE English
- Level Two Diploma in Business or NVQ Level Two in Business Administration
- A suitable reference
- Satisfactory college interview
Assessment comprises of a mixture of portfolio building and online tests.
You could progress onto a level four business administration apprenticeship or employment into a supervisory administrative role and a range of other office-based occupations.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.