Electrical Maintenance Apprenticeship Level 3 at AWE
You will then go on to individually produce around 20 small projects, where you will be involved in designing, installing, repairing and maintaining electrical systems.
Electrical apprentices are typically trained to an advanced level and this is a three-year scheme.
After 18 months you'll leave the academy to join the qualified trades people on site where you will receive on the job training. Typically this will involve six separate three month placements, which will broaden your electrical knowledge and expose you to the full spectrum of our plant and facilities.
- A practical aptitude for engineering or technology
- PC literate
- Good communication skills
- Excellent teamworking skills
- Health and safety aware
- Effective at following instructions
- Ability to concentrate for long periods
Qualifications gained on completion
- NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Maintenance
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- Personal learning and thinking skills
- National Certificate in Electro Technical Engineering
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact AWE directly.