AS Humanities at Buckinghamshire UTC
Using a variety of skills learnt in humanities, including social history, RS, and geography, this AS Humanities course will allow progression from a broad range of GCSE humanities and social sciences qualifications
What Will I LearnYou will learn how to promote an interdisciplinary and multi-faceted approach to complex questions where techniques from a range of disciplines are applicable, as part of a holistic intellectual approach. You will develop useful transferable skills such as the ability to analyse and evaluate a wide range of materials in a wide range of different contexts – skills which are highly valued by employers and HE alike. The course allows candidates to develop some wide ranging and relevant subject specific knowledge across a broadly based disciplinary footprint.
- Unit G101 themes: Industrialisation and Urbanisation
- Contact with Nature and the Aesthetic Response to the Natural World
- Natural Resource Depletion
- Ecological Damage and Environmental Crisis, Sustainability
- Unit G102 themes: Conflict and Coexistence
5 GCSE A* - C
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Buckinghamshire UTC directly.