General Manufacturing at North Lancs Training Group (NLTG)
What is General Manufacturing?
All companies that transform raw materials into products are manufacturing companies. There are so many different products that to list them would be impossible. As a general manufacturing apprentice, depending upon the type of manufacturing company you choose to work for, North Lancs Training Group will be able to produce personalised training programmes to suit the company and yourself. The training covers health and safety aspects, use of tools, equipment and machines, quality standards of the company and correct assembly and processing techniques.
What training will I receive?
There will be no need to attend college as you will be assessed in the workplace by a qualified NLTG Tutor. Your tutor will come out to visit you at your place of work every 4 - 6 weeks. If you are unsure that an Apprenticeship is right for you then why not have a look at our 'Why choose an Apprenticeship?' page. If you feel you are not yet ready for an Apprenticeship, then why not have a look at a Traineeship first?
Which will I achieve?
NLTG will provide an assessment and depending on your current level and abilities you will take the following route:
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship:
- Level 2 NVQ Qualification
- Functional Skills
- Technical Certificate
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
• All vacancies are jobs from day one
• Your training will lead to a nationally recognised qualification
• You will receive an attractive wage/salary during training
• We have a dedicated team to support you with your English and maths skills
• We operate an equality and diversity policy
• All employers are appraised for health and safety
• We will visit you regularly during your training
• Your training will be full and varied
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lancs Training Group (NLTG) directly.