Mathematics A Level - Level 3 at The Leigh UTC
Mathematics is not only an interesting and exciting subject in its own right, but also one that underpins many other branches of learning. It is consequently fundamental to the success of a modern economy, and leads to a wide range of fascinating careers that may not have existed ten or twenty years ago.
Candidates will develop skills to
- Recall, select and use their knowledge of mathematical facts, concepts and techniques in a variety of contexts
- construct rigorous mathematical arguments and proofs through use of precise statements, logical deduction and inference and by the manipulation of mathematical expressions, including the construction of extended arguments for handling substantial problems presented in unstructured form
- recall, select and use their knowledge of standard mathematical models to represent situations in the real world; recognise and understand given representations involving standard models; present and interpret results from such models in terms of the original situation, including discussion of the assumptions made and refinement of such models
- comprehend translations of common realistic contexts into mathematics; use the results of calculations to make predictions, or comment on the context; and, where appropriate, read critically and comprehend longer mathematical arguments or examples of applications
- use contemporary calculator technology and other permitted resources (such as formulae booklets or statistical tables) accurately and efficiently; understand when not to use such technology, and its limitations. Give answers to appropriate accuracy.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.