Creative Digital Media Production BTEC Level 3 at Marriotts School
Why study Creative Media Production?
- Production work that allows you to be creative and innovative
- Develops analytical skills focusing on the audiences, representations and issues with the media
- Develops creativity and thinking skills
- Opportunities to investigate issues and areas that interest you
- It is interesting and engaging
- It is challenging.
What will I study?
The first year of a course is made up of units four of which are core units. BTEC Creative Digital Media Production can be tailored to suit the skills and needs of the class leading to a variety of skills and knowledge. You might study:
- Representations in the media
- Digital Media Skills
- Film Production
- Advert Production
- Responding to a Commission.
To be considered for entry onto this course, the entry requirements of a grade C or above from English Language GCSE would be needed.
There will be a range of tasks that will be assessed throughout the course from group presentations to independent essays. You will be given assignment briefs to complete in a set period of time; however, these will only be given out when you are ready for the assignment. These assignments are marked formatively at the end of the assignment period, meaning that drafts will not be accepted or marked. Out of the four core units there are two externally assessed tasks (exams) which will be a written response or outcome.
People who have studied Media Studies have gone on to careers in the following areas: journalism, publishing, media and television, film production, broadcasting, advertising and market research.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Marriotts School directly.