Bricklaying (Level 2) at Central College Nottingham
This course is suitable for you if you would like to pursue a career as a bricklayer.
- Knowledge of and use of building methods and construction technology
- Know how to and interpret working drawings to set out masonry structures
- Knowledge of and use of thin joint masonry and masonry structures
- Know how to and build solid walling, isolated and attached piers
- Know how to and build cavity walling forming masonry structures
- Know how to and carry out safe working practices in Construction (Level 1)
- Knowledge of and use of information, quantities and communication with others
- Functional Skills in English and Maths
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
One of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at grades A*-D including English Language and Maths*
- A relevant Level 1 qualification including GCSE English Language and Maths* at grade A*-D
*If you do not have both GCSE English Language and Maths at A*-D, we may accept one of them at Grade E in addition to your 4 GCSEs at A*-D. Functional Skills may be accepted instead of GCSE English and/or Maths. Functional Skills Level 1 is equivalent to GCSE Grade D and Level 2 to GCSE Grade C.
Adults who are aged 19+ without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
Each unit is continually assessed. You will present evidence of competence via practical assessments and production of a personal portfolio. You will also need to sit a GOLA exam at the end of the course or individual modular exams.
- If you are employed and have access to work based evidence then you may be able to enrol onto a NVQ in Bricklaying
- If not employed in the trade, you could progress would be onto a Diploma Level 3 in Bricklaying <./ul>
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.