Motor Vehicle Service & Repair Level 2 VRQ at Reading College
This course is for anyone who already has a Level 1 qualification in Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair and wishes to continue studying without doing an apprenticeship.
You will complete three units:
- routine maintenance (servicing)
- removing and replacing engine components
- removing and replacing electrical units
This course could lead to an apprenticeship as employers sometimes contact us looking to recruit an apprentice.
You will complete a City & Guilds Level 2 VRQ in Vehicle Service and Repair
Successful completion of Level 1 Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair and Functional Skills in ICT, Comms and AON at Level 1.
You will be assessed at work as competent in the following activities:
- remove and replace an engine mechanical component
- remove and replace steering system components
- remove and replace braking system components
- full service
- pre- and post-work check
- remove and replace components from two of the following systems: cooling, air/exhaust, fuel/ignition, engine electrical, lubrication.
- remove and replace components from two of the following systems: lighting, wipers, security/alarms, comfort and convenience, audio systems, communication, electrical windows, instrumentation.
Your progression would be onto an advanced apprenticeship in the motor trade.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Reading College directly.