Carpentry & Joinery (Site Joinery) Level 3 at Craven College
A step up from Level 2, this Diploma will build up on essential skills and knowledge you need to go out into industry with particular emphasis on bench joinery.
Building on your skills from Level 2, you will learn how to create more advanced joinery such as curved windows, gothic arched doors and winder staircases, alongside the rest of the topics covered.
As a joinery student you have access to our well-equipped joinery workshop, machine shop with storage and extraction and project areas. Our tutors are specialist craftspeople and have many years’ experience in the construction industry in both large and small businesses with specialisms in heritage and conservation work. You will have the opportunity to enter the prestigious CITB Skill Build competition. All tools, equipment and materials are provided.
- Construction industry regulations & safe working practices
- Developing supervisory/management skills
- How to set out & manufacture complicated joinery; curved windows, gothic arched doors, spandrel frames & winder staircases
- Safe use of woodworking machines
- Workplace safety
- Carpentry & Joinery (Bench Joinery) Level 2 (Merit/Distinction) including English & maths GCSEs 9-4 (A*-C)
Written and practical assessment
For information about Financial Support that Craven College can offer visit: http://www.craven-college.ac.uk/support/fees-and-funding
- Foundation Degree
- Site Joinery Specialist
At Craven College we want you to be successful both during your time here at College and anything you decide to do after College.
The support services within College exist to help support you to get the most out of your course:Craven College Support
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Craven College directly.