Electrical/Electronic Engineering BTEC Level 3 Diploma at City of Westminster College
All students take mandatory units plus optional units as follows:
Mandatory units are:
- Health & Safety in the workplace
- Communications for Technicians
- Engineering Project
- Mathematics for Technicians
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
Optional units are six of the following:
- Business Operations in Engineering
- Engineering Design
- Digital Systems
- Engineering Materials
- Engineering Drawing
- Electronic devices
- Electrical technology
- Electronic measurement & testing
- Electronic Fault finding
- Mechanical principles
- Further Electrical Principles
- Further Mathematics for Technicians
You will normally need to have one of the following: A merit level BTEC level 2 Diploma in Engineering or five GCSEs at grades A*-C including Mathematics, English and Science.
Mature students may gain entry to the course by a successful interview. Students may also gain entry to the 2nd year of the course if they have already completed sufficient first year units.
Your progress will be assessed by successful completion of College-devised assignments.
Many students progress from this course to University.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City of Westminster College directly.