Mathematics - Further Mathematics A-Level at Windsor High School and Sixth Form
Further Mathematics is a stimulating subject for those who enjoy problem solving and who want to study two Mathematics A’ Levels. Throughout the course you will
- Develop an understanding of mathematics in a way that promotes confidence and fosters enjoyment.
- Develop skills to reason logically, problem solve, model, generalise and construct mathematical proofs.
- Extend your range of mathematical skills and techniques and use them in more advanced unstructured problems.
- Recognise how a problem can be represented mathematically and understand the relationship between ‘real world’ and mathematical models, and how these can be refined.
- Develop an awareness of the relevance of mathematics to other fields of study, the world of work, advancing technologies and society in general.
- Take an increasing responsibility for your own learning and evaluation of your own mathematical development.
Students need to demonstrate evidence of a positive, self-motivated approach to learning and a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above in five different subject areas (including English and Maths).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Windsor High School and Sixth Form directly.