Animal Management One Year L3 Diploma at North Lindsey College
Students are expected to show enthusiasm and commitment towards a career working with animals. You will be expected to do practical sessions as well as theory based work. Practical work will be with the College's animal collection.
On the Level 3 Diploma in Animal Management you will study the following:
- Understand and Promote Animal Health
- Understand the Principles of Animal Biology
- Undertake Animal Handling and Safe Working
- Plan and Monitor Animal Feeding
- Manage Animal Accommodation
- Undertake and Review Work Experience
- Undertake Retail Merchandising
- Understand and Interpret Animal Behaviour
- Pet Store Design and Animal Management
- Exotic Animal Health and Husbandry
- Kennel and Cattery Management
- Undertake Dog Grooming
- Understand Anatomy and Physiology
You will be expected to have at least five GCSEs at Grade A*-C which will typically include English and Maths, and ideally, a Science. Alternatively you should have successfully completed the Level 2 Diploma in Animal Care at merit or distinction level. Access to a computer is desirable, but there are also computers at College for you to use.
Assessment is an ongoing process throughout the course. It will take the form of written assignments, practical sessions, laboratory testing and presentations.
Upon successful completion of the Level 3 Extended Diploma it is possible to progress into higher education to study Animal Management or Animal Science. Alternatively, successful learners may apply directly for employment in such areas as kennels and catteries, pet shops, grooming parlours, animal breeding establishments, animal sanctuaries, stables, veterinary centres, animal collections and wildlife parks.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lindsey College directly.