Music - A Level at Bolton Sixth Form College
Do you have a passion for performing? Do you love playing and listening to different styles of music? Do you want free instrument lessons? Ever wanted to compose and create your own music? Then Music could be the course for you. Come and join the BSFC Performing Arts team for a learning experience that will challenge you and help you become a confident musician.
Features of the course:
- Free instrument/singing lessons by professionals for part of the year.
- Visits to the concerts and see live music performances
- Study classical music, pop and jazz music
- Develop your own instrumental skills
- Compose your own pieces of music
- Perform your work in public recitals
- Learn how to analyse music and develop your listening skills
- Practical and active lessons
- Learn how to use the latest computer software
- Work in our industry standard studios and get creative
- Assessment is via practical exams, written exams, and a coursework portfolio
- College Soul and funk band
- Musical Theatre Productions
- Friday Foyer Performances
- Brass Ensemble
- Music Technology/Creating Music
Students studying four A Levels will be expected to have a minimum of 6 GCSEs at grade A/A*/7, 8 or 9 including English Language and Mathematics at grade 6 or above. Students studying three A Levels will be expected to have a minimum of two GCSEs at grade B/6 and three GCSEs at grade C/4 including English Language and Mathematics at grade 4. In addition, a Grade C or above in GCSE Music, excellent music theory knowledge and at least Grade 5 standard of performance is essential.
No course fees are applicable for 16-18 year old learners who meet funding regulations.
Performing, teaching, music publishing, music journalism and media, music technology and research.
Please visit the College website www.bolton-sfc.ac.uk or email email@example.com for further course information.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.