Bricklaying (Level 1) at Central College Nottingham
This is a Level 1 course which gives students the skills needed to progress to a higher level of training in Bricklaying. The initial first five weeks of the course consists of an Introduction to the Bricklaying course, where you will gain a college certificate.
- Know how to and carry out basic block-laying skills
- Know how to and carry out basic bricklaying skills
- Know how to and carry out basic cavity walling
- Know how to mix construction materials
- Know how to and contribute to setting out basic masonry structures up to DPC level
- Know how to and carry out safe working practices in Construction
- Knowledge of and use of information, quantities and communication with others
- Knowledge of and use of building methods and construction technology
- Functional Skills in English and Maths
One of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at grades D-G including English Language and Maths
- A relevant Entry 3 qualification, plus you will need to complete an English and Maths assessment to determine the right course and support for you.
Adults who are aged 19+ without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
Each unit is continually assessed. You will present evidence of competence via practical assessments and the production of a personal portfolio. You will also need to sit a GOLA exam at the end of the course or sit individual modular exams.
- If you are employed and have access to work based evidence you may be able to enrol onto a NVQ in Bricklaying
- If not employed in the trade, you could progress onto the Diploma Level 2 in Bricklaying
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.