Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care NCFE Level 1 Award at Totton College
If you’d like to care for people, then a job in health or social care can
be very rewarding. At Totton College you can choose to learn about these industries as a whole, or specialise in areas like caring for disabled people, social care or housing issues. Our courses are all very practical and your level of learning will depend
on the qualifications you already have.
~ Includes work experience ~
To start with, you’ll learn about:
- what a health or social care worker does
- health and safety
- equality and inclusion
- personal development
Depending on the options you choose, you may also learn about:
- administering medication
- supporting people with disabilities
- working with young people
You’ll be assessed through an assignment.
Depending oh your qualification, you could:
- apply for a variety of jobs in a range of health or care settings
- study at degree level in areas such as nursing, midwifery, occupational therapy or become a paramedic
Alternatively you can learn a related course at a higher level or apply for an apprenticeship in a related work area.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Totton College directly.