Biology at Newmarket Academy
This course develops essential knowledge and understanding of key concepts of biology. It develops practical skills and an awareness of advances in technology which are relevant to biology.
While studying AS or A2 level biology, students develop many useful study skills, not just relating to biology. Hence, a qualification in biology is acceptable for entry into a wide range of careers as well as many different higher education courses, such as medicine, dentistry, veterinary work, physio-therapy, teaching, laboratory work and much more.
- 6B101 Lifestyle, transport, genes and health (exam based)
- 6B102 Development, plants and the environment (exam based)
- 6B103 Practical biology and research skills (assessed scientific report)
- B104 The natural environment and species survival (exam based)
- B105 Energy, exercise and coordination (exam based)
- B106 Practical biology and investigative skills (assessed practical work)
For more information on this course or entry requirements please contact Mrs Cannings
Assessed Practical Work 20%
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Newmarket Academy directly.