Business Studies AS/A2 Level at Belfairs Academy
A Level Business Studies helps students:
• develop a critical understanding of organisations, the markets they serve and the process of adding value
• be aware that business behaviour can be studied from the perspective of a range of stakeholders
• acquire a range of skills including decision-making and problem-solving
• be aware of the current structure of business and business practice
This specification requires students to develop their ability to acquire a range of important and transferable skills including data skills, presenting arguments, making judgements and conducting research.
The units studied are as follows:
• What is business?
• Managers, leadership & decision making
• Decision making to improve marketing performance
• Analysing the strategic position of a business
• Choosing strategic direction
• Strategic methods – how to pursue strategies
• Managing strategic change
C grade minimum in English and a C grade in Maths.
Paper 1: Business 1 - 2hr exam – 100 marks, 33.3% of A-Level
Paper 2: Business 2 - 2hr exam – 100 marks, 33.3% A-Level
Paper 3: Business 3 - 2hr exam – 100 marks, 33.3% of A-Level
A Level Business Studies provides students with the opportunities to develop important skills and relevant tools that will be helpful in many courses and for employment. In particular, Business Studies will give you a head start if you are interested in careers within accountancy, marketing and personal management.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Belfairs Academy directly.