Level 3 Event Management at Leeds City College
If you are interested in pursuing a career working in event management, then this course is your first step.
You will gain an understanding of the knowledge and experience needed to progress into employment in events or further study. Get hands-on experience of working on events, including the planning and organisation. You will gain additional experience through work placements with local employers or with college events.
Throughout the course, you will look at the overall planning for an event including:
- Understanding the events industry
- Practical skills required to manage an event
- Identifying funding streams
- Preparing and maintaining a budget
- Actions to reduce Health & Safety risks
- Production and Distribution of publicity to market the event
- Working relationships to ensure success
- Event Evaluation and Reporting
You will participate in classroom sessions as well as having hands-on activities planning and organising events as part of a project team. You will also take on placements with the college or a local employer, putting what you have learned into practice.
Learning activities include lectures, workshops and practical sessions. Much of your learning is gained through practical experience of running events.
Entry requirements include:
- 5 x C’s at GCSE or equivalent, including English & Maths
- A successful interview - this is nothing to worry about, this is just to ensure you're at the right level for this course.
- A keen interest in Events
This course is practical based, with some written elements used to support this. Whilst in College you will take part in group activities and discussions and will keep a portfolio of the work done in class. You will have individual discussions with your tutor to discuss your progress and how they can support you.
Upon successfully completing this course you can:
- Progress to university
- Undertake an Advanced Apprenticeship in your chosen vocational area
- Enter full or part-time employment
English and Maths are built into your qualifications if your grades are below 4/5
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.