Performing Arts BTEC level 3 Diploma at Edgbarrow School
Performing Arts BTEC uses a range of learning and teaching styles to deliver the course. Visual, auditory and kinaesthetic learners have the opportunity to take part in practical work, research, presentations, discussion and filmed interviews and dialogue.
The Performing Arts BTEC at Level 3 is equivalent to two A Levels and will be completed over two years. Throughout the two year course, students will study three mandatory units and a further eight optional units.
The mandatory units are:
- Developing Skills and Techniques for Live Performance,
- Performing Arts in the Community,
- Final Live Performance to an Audience
Of which are externally assessed units:
- Investigating Practitioners’ Work,
- Group Performance Workshop,
- Individual Performance Commission
The Optional Units are:
- Classical Ballet Technique,
- Tap Dance Technique,
- Jazz Dance Technique,
- Street Dance Technique,
- Healthy Dancer,
- Choreography for Live Performance,
- Theatre Directing,
- Writing for Performance
- Screen Acting
Students can use the course to pursue a career in the Performing Arts industry: acting, musical theatre, contemporary theatre or work with theatre groups. Students can also go on to study Performing Arts related courses at higher education establishments e.g. universities.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Edgbarrow School directly.