Hairdressing (Level 3) at Central College Nottingham
The Level 3 NVQ / VRQ in Hairdressing enables you to gain a qualification getting you ready to work. This qualification will equip you with the required attributes, skills, knowledge and understanding needed to perform professional services for clients in the Hairdressing industry.
- Provide Hairdressing Consultation Services
- Creatively Cut Hair using a Combination of Techniques
- Promote Additional Services or Products to Customers
- Monitor Procedures to Safely Control Work Operations
Plus optional units relating to the Hairdressing industry.
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
One of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at grades A*-C including English Language and Maths*
- A relevant Level 2 qualification including GCSE English Language and Maths* at grade A*-C
*If you do not have both GCSE English Language and Maths at A*-C, we may accept one of them at Grade D in addition to your 4 GCSEs at A*-C. Functional Skills may be accepted instead of GCSE English and/or Maths. Functional Skills Level 1 is equivalent to GCSE Grade D and Level 2 to GCSE Grade C.
Adults who are aged 19+ with relevant industry experience but without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
There is continuous assessment of each unit. You will need to present evidence of competence via practical assessments and production of a personal portfolio of evidence.
- Level 3 Diploma in Barbering
- Higher Education
- Part-time Hairdressing related courses
You will be required to purchase a kit and uniform. The uniform must be worn at all times in College. The kit costs approximately £98.00. At enrolment you will also be required to pay £30 for a work package.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.