A Level Psychology at Regent High School
CHOOSE THIS COURSE IF…
- you enjoy vibrant discussion and debating opinion
- you would like to learn about human behaviour, development and motivation
- you are intrigued by the science behind decision-making and relationships
In Year 12 topics of study include: Social Influence, Memory, Attachment (Child Development), Psychopathology and Biopsychology. In Year 13, study is extended with an in-depth look at Relationships, Schizophrenia and the Behaviour of Addiction. As well as these core topics the course also covers the issues, debates and methodologies involved in psychological research and provides ample opportunity for students to debate, discuss and design their own research and investigations.
At least 5 A*-C grades at GCSE including English, Maths and Science with at least a grade B in English Language
100% examination: A Level is a two year linear course (three exams); AS is a separate linear qualification which can be taken at the end of Year 12 (two exams).
- university degrees in Psychology, Child Development and many more
- development of transferable skills that suitably prepare you for further study in areas such as Journalism
POSSIBLE CAREER OPTIONS
- Clinical Psychologist
- Police Officer
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Regent High School directly.