Decorative Occupations (Painting and Decorating) Diplomas Level 1, Level 2 at York College
Level 1 units include:
- Safe Working Practices in Construction Level 1
- Information, Quantities and Communications Level 1
- Knowledge of Building Construction Level 1
- Preparing Surfaces for Painting and Papering
- Applying Paint with Brush and Rollers
- Apply Lining and Plain Papers
- Produce Special Paint Finishes
All students will be expected to work towards completion of a Level 2 English and Maths qualification (as required) alongside this course to enable progression onto the Level 2 Diploma.
Level 2 units include:
- Safe Working Practices in Construction
- Information, Quantities and Communications
- Knowledge of Building Construction
- Wall Papering to Walls and Ceilings
- Spray Painting
Applicants for the Level 1 Diploma should ideally have a minimum of 4 Ds at GCSE including Maths and English (grade 3+) and will be assessed and interviewed prior to acceptance on to the course. Level 1 must be completed before progressing to the Level 2 Diploma.
Continuous practical assessment with end of year assignments.
On completion of each Diploma students can progress onto the next level where appropriate or go on to find employment in order to transfer to an apprenticeship, and then onto higher level courses in Construction.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact York College directly.