Food Production and Cooking - Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 at Easton & Otley College
This apprenticeship is for staff who process and cook food in any type of outlet. The programme covers a range of food production and cooking skills, and knowledge required for catering staff, cooks and chefs whose outlet and menu relies mainly on pre-prepared raw materials and predominantly uses pre-prepared dishes. Delivery is through teaching, learning and assessment in the workplace
SUITABLE FOR: Those seeking or employed in their first role within kitchens that serve chain restaurants, popular catering eateries, hospitals, school canteens, hotel dining rooms, care homes, contract catering sites, fast food outlets or cafes.
The apprenticeship framework is made up of different nationally recognised qualifications. Including:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Food Production and Cooking
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Food Production and Cooking)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills
- Produce basic dishes, could include meat, fish, poultry, hot sauces
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing & cooking food
- Work effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Give customers a positive impression of self & your organisation
- Maintain an efficient use of resources in the kitchen
- Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to clarify course suitability.
- Entrants must have the ability to achieve Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics and be able to manage the requirements of a Level 2 vocational qualification.
- Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment.
Apprentices successfully completing the Intermediate Apprenticeship have opportunities to progress within the industry by continuing onto the Advanced Apprenticeship in Hospitality Leadership and Supervision, Professional Cookery Diploma or other Management Training at the College
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.