Vehicle and Maintenance Repair Intermediate Apprenticeship at Weston College
Apprenticeships are a great way to combine ‘on the job training’ and learning in a college environment. You will be employed by a garage or dealership and work alongside an experienced tradesperson to develop and practice your new skills. You will also attend college for one day a week for support and to learn the technical side of your trade.
This apprenticeship covers training in a range of light vehicle systems and components including areas such as: lubrication, cooling system, chassis units, transmission and driveline. In addition to the main motor vehicle units covered you will also be assessed on your ability to operate in the world of work, areas such as maintaining a safe, clean, working environment and an ability to communicate with others is essential in the daily running of a mechanical garage.
This Apprenticeship is comprised of 6 elements:
- IMI Diploma Light Vehicle Maintenance Level 2
- NVQ Level 2 Light Vehicle Maintenance
- Maths level 1 (unless you already have a GCSE C grade or equivalent)
- English level 1 (unless you already have a GCSE C grade or equivalent)
- ICT level 1 (unless you already have a GCSE C Grade or equivalent)
- Employer’s rights and responsibilities.
You will need to be in relevant employment, but we can support you to find this. You will also need a minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade D or above or a Level 1 qualification.
We will assess you with practical skills tests and observing you in the workplace. You will also do online tests, assignments and produce a portfolio of evidence. You will be assigned a personal assessor who will visit you at work to review your progress and to make sure you’re on target to get your qualifications.
- Light Vehicle Maintenance, Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship
- Motor Vehicle Maintenance, Level 3 Diploma
- Mechanic, employed or self-employed, within the automotive industry
- Setting up your own business as a mechanic.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Weston College directly.