Brickwork Level 3 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Would you like a career in bricklaying?
This programme allows you to develop a range of advanced bricklaying skills, including decorative work, repairs and complex masonry. You will add to your existing knowledge of the trade and be able to work on specialist tasks. You will gain the expertise to work independently, and you will be equipped to take on supervisory roles.
The programme is suitable for students progressing from Level 2 Brickwork, and will build on the knowledge gained at that level. It is also suitable for people with practical experience at a suitable level.
This programme is delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom-based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- Brickwork Level 2, or equivalent
- Sound knowledge of basic mathematics
- Good standard of written and oral communication
- GCSEs in Maths and English at grade D are desirable
- An interview is required and you will be asked to declare any unspent criminal convictions
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
This programme is assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation
Completion of this programme will give you the skills and qualification to progress into self-employment or employment with a firm or contractor.
You will have gained advanced technical knowledge and supervisory skills, and will be able to work in a position of responsibility.
You could proceed onto a number of higher education programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- Foundation Degree (FdSc) Construction (available at Rhos-on-Sea)
- HNC Building Studies (available at Bangor)
- HNC Construction (available at Rhos-on-Sea)
- Carpentry and Joinery Level 3 (available at Rhos-on-Sea, Rhyl, Dolgellau and Llangefni)
- Construction Professional Level 3 (available at Rhos-on-Sea and Rhyl)
- Carpenter & Joiner
- Civil & Structural Engineer
- Environmental Consultant
- Gas Installation & Maintenance Engineer
- Painter & Decorator
- Town & Country Planner
Programme code: 0502B03B
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.