Progression Level Two Diploma at East Riding College
The Level Two Diploma in Progression is designed for mature students who are returning to education. It could be that you have taken a break from education due to other commitments but now realise you would like the opportunity to gain the level two (GCSE equivalent) qualifications you missed at school, so that you can then progress on to the Level Three Access to Higher Education Diploma or other level three programmes. You must be at least 19 years old and must have a genuine commitment to a full year of study. You will attend the course for approximately 10 hours per week, for 35 weeks. The course is usually timetabled over two or three days a week.
This qualification would help you with a career in nursing, social work and teaching.
- A range of subjects including English,study skills, sociology, psychology IT and biology.There is also the opportunity to study GCSE Mathematics and English alongside the programme
- Personal study skills, including developing reading strategies, improving punctuation and grammar skills and managing your own learning
- You will also study how to develop and use research skills, which will give you the necessary skills for completing assignments on the Level Three Higher Education Diploma course or other level three programmes
- An ability and a desire to study at GCSE level
- You must be working at least at level one in mathematics and English
- If you do not already have a GCSE grade D or equivalent in English and maths, your skills level will be assessed before enrolment
- For people whose first language is not English, you must have GCSE English at grade C or above or IELTS 7 (International English Language Testing System).
Assessment methods aim to prepare students for study at level three and include coursework, assignments, presentations, essays and examination.
Successful completion of the level two diploma could lead to progression onto the level three programme.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.