Public Services Level 3 at Ysgol Maes y Gwendraeth
Why study Public Services?
- Gain an understanding of the requirements for employment in public services
- An interest in joining the Police force, the Fire Brigade, joining a sector of the military or working as a Paramedic
- A practical and hands-on course which enables learners to gain an understanding of a range of topics including Physical Education, Business and Employment
- This Level 3 course covers a range of extra curricular activities e.g. social work, adventure activities and enterprise
Government, Policies and the Public Services:
- The structure of the government in the UK.
- Governments effect on public services.
Leadership and Teamwork in the Public Services:
- Effective team-leadership
- Problem solving
- Practical insight into teamworking (various extra curricular opportunities)
Citizenship, Diversity and the Public Services:
- Diversity and equality
(To make up the required 60) which is equivalent to 1 A-level.
These units will be selected based on the students interests, some of the available modules are as follows:
- Physical Preparation, Health and Lifestyle for the Public Services
- Outdoor and Adventurous Expeditions
- Crime and its effect on society
- Fitness Testing and Training for the Public Services
All units are assessed via the completion of in-class assessments.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ysgol Maes y Gwendraeth directly.