Renewable Energy Installer - Level 2 at South Devon College
As a Renewable Energy Installer, you will gain all of the knowledge, experience and qualifications required to prepare for a career in the renewable energy sector, whilst working in the sector as an Apprentice. The College will work with you to find a suitable employer. You will work in the sector on block release, giving you real world practical experience from the outset, which will enhance your theory and practical sessions. Work-based assessments will be undertaken by industry-trained and fully qualified staff during your work placement.
What will I learn?
- Health and Safety in the workplace and on the building site
- How to specify systems and produce Autocad design and layout drawings
- Essential plumbing skills to complete an installation
- Essential electrical and electronic engineering skills to complete an installation
- How to install, commission and service the following:
- Biomass wood fuel boilers and district heating systems
- Air/Ground/Water Source Heat Pumps
- Solar Thermal Systems
- Solar Photovoltaic Systems
- Small Scale Wind Turbines
- You must have a GCSE Grade C in Maths
- You must have a GCSE Grade C in English
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Devon College directly.