Painting and Decorating (Level 2) at Central College Nottingham
This is a Level 2 course which gives students the skills needed to progress to a higher level of training in Painting and Decorating.
- Know how to and prepare surfaces for decoration
- Know how to and apply standard papers to walls and ceilings
- Know how to and produce specialist decorative finishes
- Know how to and apply water-borne paint systems using spray equipment
- Know how to and carry out safe working practices in Construction
- Knowledge of and use of information, quantities and communication with others
- Knowledge of and use of building methods and Construction technology
- Know how to and erect and dismantle access equipment and working Platforms
- Functional Skills in English and Maths
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
One of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at grades A*-D including English Language and Maths*
- A relevant Level 1 qualification including GCSE English Language and Maths* at grade A*-D
*If you do not have both GCSE English Language and Maths at A*-D, we may accept one of them at Grade E in addition to your 4 GCSEs at A*-D. Functional Skills may be accepted instead of GCSE English and/or Maths. Functional Skills Level 1 is equivalent to GCSE Grade D and Level 2 to GCSE Grade C.
Adults who are aged 19+ without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
Each unit is continually assessed. You will present evidence of competence via practical assessments and the production of a personal portfolio. You will also need to sit a GOLA exam at the end of the course or individual modular exams.
- If you are employed and have access to work based evidence you may be able to enrol onto a NVQ in Painting and Decorating
- If not, you may progress onto a Diploma Level 3 in Painting and Decorating
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.