Intermediate Apprenticeship in Live Events and Promotion at Rotherham College
That new, edgy band topping the charts. That Oscar-winning performance on the big screen. The award-winning director taking home all the gongs. They all had to start somewhere. Whether you’re looking to experience the buzz and adrenaline of opening night as the lights go up, or playing a roof-raising concert of live music to a sold-out audience, Rotherham College is the perfect place to start a creative career in music or acting. Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted, the Performing Arts department will provide you with some of the finest equipment in the industry to develop your skills to the maximum.
For music students, you’ll learn in the Roland Academy; one of only 13 in the country. You’ll immerse yourself in all forms of popular music and gain the hands-on experience you need to go on to further study or find a job in the music industry. For acting students, you’ll develop your skills in the College Studio Theatre and outdoor Amphitheatre. You’ll explore a range of acting techniques and audition for roles, big or small, to provide you with the experience you need to progress in the acting industry. Previous students have gone on to act on the West End, in film and become part of the UK’s most successful modern metal acts, Bring Me the Horizon.
Live events and promotions is an exciting area of the leisure industry ranging from concerts to conferences and you could be part of a team facilitating these events.
What will I study?
• Live events
• Event management
• Event promotion
• Working backstage on productions
• Working as part of a team
What added value will I receive?
• You will be given the opportunity to develop your Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT
• You will work with live events professionals to gain hands on experience in live events and promotion
• Ofsted inspected our Visual and Performing Arts department and said that the teaching, learning and assessment are ‘Outstanding’
• You will be taught by people who work in the music industry and who are passionate about the industry
• Level 1 qualification
• Level 1 in ICT, English and maths or equivalent
• The candidate should demonstrate a desire to work within this industry
• We can help you find the employment you need to start this Apprenticeship
16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees. Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay fees. Contact the Enquiries on the details below for advice and guidance on:
T: 01709 722777
Advanced Apprenticeship in Live Events and Promotion or continued employment.
For more details please contact the Enquiry Team on:
T: 01709 722777
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.