Geography AS and A Level at Woodcote High School
Geography is everywhere! It is the link between people and their varied environments. In particular, geographers seek to explain human and physical processes and the interaction between them. A Level Geography is an up-to-date, interesting subject to study and also fits very nicely with other A Level courses to form a balanced experience.
Why is A Level Geography a good idea?
- It’s relevant to the real world. We study current global issues; issues which affect us all!
- The course covers a wide range of transferable skills
- A Geography degree is the third most employable subject after Maths and English
- Interesting and exciting topics
- Very experienced staff
- Residential field trip to Yorkshire
- It will inspire you to discover more about the world around you
- Good links with Science, History, English, Maths, Sociology and Media
Throughout the course you will gain a deeper knowledge and understanding of location, human and physical processes and the environment. The aim of the course is for students to gain enjoyment, satisfaction and a sense of achievement as they develop their knowledge and understanding of Geography. During the two year course you will study a range of physical and human Geography topics. You will also be expected to undertake fieldwork. Assessment is through examinations and a piece of coursework.
Geography is an excellent subject for those planning to continue into university and is valued by all as a good A Level qualification. Employers value Geography due to the transferable workplace skills it provides.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Woodcote High School directly.