Travel and Tourism Level 2 at Wiltshire College
This course is designed to give candidates an introduction to the Travel and Tourism industry. Typical job opportunities that successful candidates could progress into could be:
- Working in a travel agents
- Working as a resort representative
- Working for an airline - including cabin crew
*Please note: some opportunities may have age restrictions
Trips to various travel and tourism facilities are also an integral part of the course. Previously, we have visited several key sites in: London, Majorca, Mykonos, Gran Canaria, Bath, Thorpe Park, cruise ships and places of interest on the coast and in the countryside.
During this course, you will study the following units:
- UK Travel and Tourism sector
- Exploring Customer Service
- The nature and effects of world travel
- UK travel and tourism destinations
- Worldwide holiday destinations
- Holiday planning
- Organising a travel and tourism study visit
- Airlines and Airports
- Interpersonal skills of holiday representatives
Additional skills that you will learn during this course:
- How to organise yourself
- How to communicate
- How to work on group assignments
- Being a member of a team
- How to keep calm under pressure
- How to analyse and evaluate your work
- Showing enthusiasm and motivation
4 GCSEs at grade D or above (including Maths and English) or equivalent
A good reference
A satisfactory interview
You will be assessed using a variety of methods including written assignments, case studies and verbal presentations. Candidates will also undertake functional skills
alongside their course should they not meet the minimum standard on English and maths.
There are no formal exams included as part of your main programme, however students are required to research and study for assignments at home which is essential in order to achieve the final qualification.
This diploma will enable you to go on to study the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wiltshire College directly.