Plumbing Studies Level 2 Diploma at Carlisle College
This programme is for those students who are new to the plumbing industry but are not employed as a plumber. It covers the range of basic plumbing topics. Satisfactory completion of studies will lead to the City & Guilds Diploma at Level 2.
The course covers:
- Plumbing Skills (theory and practical activity)
- Health & Safety at Work
- Hot and Cold Water
- Central Heating
- Functional skills in Maths and English at an appropriate level
As part of your programme of study, there is an expectation that you undertake a timetabled work placement or experience block of learning, this is designed to enable you to gain experience of the industry.
4 GCSEs at grades D-G or equivalent.
A minimum of D in English and Maths or a Level 1 vocational qualification.
Mature students with relevant experience and/or other qualifications may be eligible.
On-going assessment will take place throughout the course. Course work involves on going assessment throughout the year and students will be required to undertake a number of multi-choice examinations.
You may be able to progress to the apprenticeship Diploma & NVQ level 2 if you gain employment as a plumber.
All full time students will be required to purchase a vocational kit before commencement of the course; this will consist of the following;
- Safety footwear with steel toe caps & heat resistant soles. (No safety training shoes).
- A boiler suit (not work pants).
- An A4 rip out note pad.
- Coloured pens.
- Highlighter pens/pencils
- A simple calculator – NOT a mobile phone calculator.
- An A4 ring binder
- Plastic wallets for A4 sheets.
A text book from one of the following:
- Plumbing NVQ/Technical Certificate level 2 (2nd Edition)-Heinemann.(recommended)
- Plumbing-Steven Muscroft
- Plumbing-RD Treloar (3rd Edition)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carlisle College directly.