Plumbing Studies L1 Diploma at North Lindsey College
This course is for those wanting to enter into the trade area of plumbing or become
a heating engineer.
You will be working towards the Level 1 Diploma in Plumbing Studies. You will learn the fundamentals of safe working practices, environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings, copper, plastic and low carbon steel pipework, above ground drainage, installation repair and maintenance of plumbing systems and plumbing science.
You will be working towards City and Guilds Level 1 Diploma in Plumbing Studies, which
comprises the following units:
- Structure of the Construction Industry
- Fundamental Safe Working Practices
- Environmental and Sustainability Measures in Domestic Dwellings
- Site Preparation for Working in the Construction Industry
- Above Ground Drainage
- Copper Pipework
- Plastic Pressure Pipework
- Low Carbon Steel Pipework
- Installation, repair and Maintenance of Plumbing Systems
- Plumbing Science
Those students who have already achieved GCSE English and Maths at grades A - C will have the opportunity to develop skills in other trade areas.
- A minimum of four GCSEs at grade D or above, which must include English and Maths
- College interview
You will achieve your qualification by completing graded practical activities and answering question papers throughout the course, producing a portfolio of evidence. These will be marked by the teaching staff who are all registered assessors. Knowledge will also be assessed by completion of structured assignments. You will also be required to pass externally set and marked multi-choice exams.
Upon successful completion progression you could progress onto the Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing or an apprenticeship in plumbing.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lindsey College directly.