Caring for Children CACHE Level 1 Diploma at Wirral Metropolitan College
This course will provide you with the opportunity to develop basic knowledge and skills in caring for children.
This programme will enable you to study a wide range of skills, all of which will help you on your chosen career pathway, moving into employment or further training.
You will get the opportunity to gain a nationally recognised vocational qualification linked to your chosen career.
Also, this programme will help you to improve your maths, English and ICT, plus develop the personal and social skills which employers look for.
You will be given support and guidance throughout your learning journey and your progress will be reviewed with you regularly.
This qualification aims to give learners the opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge needed for caring for children. The units will introduce learners to the main aspects of caring for children.
At interview you will need to:
- Demonstrate a minimum grade of Entry Level 3 literacy in the assessment and interview which includes speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Have a minimum of 4 'E' grades at GCSE which includes English
- Provide two positive references
- Present a record of achievement from your last school
- Show you are committed, motivated and have excellent punctuality and attendance
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course.
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A*-C in English and maths already
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wirral Metropolitan College directly.