French A Level at Upton Hall F C J
If you are fascinated by French and its differences from English, then this course is for you. Through listening, reading, speaking and writing the language you will gain awareness and understanding of the cultural, social, commercial and political background of the countries where French is spoken. We enable students to build on the skills acquired at GCSE and to develop an understanding of the grammar of French. Languages are demanding at this level but will definitely enhance employment prospects and will facilitate the opportunities to travel abroad.
A minimum of a grade B in GCSE French is required for both AS and A Level French.
AS TOPICS & ASSESSMENT
1. Media - Television, advertising and communication technology
2. Popular Culture
- Cinema, Music, fashion and trends
3. Healthy Living/Lifestyle
- Sport, health and well being, holidays
4. Family and Relationships
A LEVEL TOPICS AND ASSESSMENT
1. The multicultural Society
- Immigration, Integration and Racism
2. Contemporary Issues
- Wealth and Poverty, Law and Order, Impact of scientific and technological processes
3. Cultural Topics
- Study of a dramatist or poet
- Study of a director, architect, musician or painter
Language study contributes to a broad general education and gives you invaluable practical and transferable skills for the future. You may choose to specialise in French at university or combine French with other subjects such as Engineering or History. In most careers nowadays language abilities are highly valued. Recent A Level linguists have gone on to take, among others, Business Studies, European Studies, International or European Law.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Upton Hall F C J directly.