Public Services BTEC Diploma and Extended Diploma Level 3 at Shoreham Academy
BTEC National Level 3 in Uniformed Public Services is a vocational courses which provides a real insight into at the major areas within the Uniformed Public Services.
Course aims for students to develop:
- High personal standards of selfdiscipline
- An understanding of the skills & qualities required to be a member of the public services
- Knowledge and skills of the public services
- The skills necessary to describe, explain and evaluate key ideas
- Leadership and team work
- An appreciation of the outdoors
- An understanding of how to apply for jobs
- The ability to meet deadlines and improve organisation skills
- Good levels of personal fitness in order to pass public service fitness tests
Level 3 Course Structure: Diploma
Learners must complete 120 credits (approximately 12 units)
- Government, Policies and the Public Services
- Leadership and Teamwork in the Public Services
- Citizenship, Diversity and the Public Services
- Understanding Discipline in the Uniformed Public Services
- Skills for Water-based Outdoor and Adventurous Activities
- Physical Preparation, Health and Lifestyle for the Public Services
Level 3 Course Structure: Extended Diploma
In addition to the Diploma Learners must complete another 60 credits (approximately 17 units) equaling 180 credits in total.
5 GCSEs A*-C including English or Maths.
This course is 100% vocationally based, which will include a variety of assessment methods including course-work, presentations, expeditions and demonstrations.
On successful completion of a BTEC level 3 qualification, a learner can progress to or within employment and/or continue their study in the same, or related vocational area.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Shoreham Academy directly.