Work Skills at Bedlingtonshire Community High School
A BTEC First Certificate in Work Skills is a practical work based course. You will learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands. The BTEC course will introduce you to the work place environment, as well as developing skills that are desirable to any employer.
The Course has over thirty units to select from covering a wide range of ‘Work’ related areas.
The twelve units you will complete during the course include:
- Personal Skills for Leadership
- Presentations for Work
- Working in a team
- Career Development
- Effectiveness at Work
- Searching for a Job
- Applying for a Job
- Strategies to improve interview skills
- Preparing for a work placement
- Learning from a work placement
You will develop many skills throughout the course including:
- Working independently
- Research methods and techniques
- Written and Verbal communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Working effectively as part of a team
- Planning and organisation skills
- Time management skills
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bedlingtonshire Community High School directly.